Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It's May Already

I realize it's been a while since my last post. Almost a month. But good news - I shall be posting more.

For English, in order to get an A in the class, we are required to do two extra projects beyond what is originally assigned. I chose a journal, but instead of writing it down with a paper and pen, I chose to do a blog, which you can find here. I also decided to do a photography blog (which you are currently looking at) because it's easier to post pictures than to print all of them. So this begins my first post for English.


 I have to admit, this is a photo I took a while ago, but I keep coming back to it. For some reason, it isn't uploading well, but pretend it isn't so out of focus. I had a photo shot with a good friend and great artist, Corby Blem (who you can find here). If you remember, I posted pictures from a photo shoot last summer of him at his booth at the Mt. Pleasant Sidewalk Days. This time, I went to his studio to catch him in action; get the inside scoop.

His main media is paint and brushes, and he has a lot of both. This is one of my favorite photos from the shoot, as I've said. The contrast of colors and textures, and how it shows the artist's work. I love it, to say the least.

Again, sorry for the crappy upload, and the delay in uploads in general. Hopefully I'll have some new shots soon.

Thanks for stopping in!

-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment